Beginning a journaling practice can feel overwhelming. Where to start? How to keep it up? What to write?
This is where learning and practicing some of the foundations in a safe environment can really help.
Spring into Journaling! Next Workshop: Sunday 2nd September 2018, Annandale Sydney
Why not join me in this gentle and supportive workshop.
You will write, with clear prompts and gentle encouragement.
You will learn practical considerations about keeping a journal, tools to get your writing beyond the surface level, and ways to make your journal expressions more creative.
In just one day you can start or re-invigorate your journal writing practice.
Journaling is a powerful wellness tool
Research has proven that keeping a journal can help people recollect the good in their life, cultivate gratitude, release physical and emotional pain, build a stronger immune system, lower stress, improve creativity, calm inner conflict and emotional upheaval, and cultivate resilience. Writing heals. Journaling is an evidence-based tool for self-care, self-therapy and mindfulness.
Journaling is a great habit to foster
Journaling regularly is one of the most potent and powerful habits you can take up. If done correctly, you will find yourself showing up better in every area of your life — every area! I use journaling to help me make decisions, to listen within for wise advice, to sort through a dilemma, to come up with ideas, to vent, to express, to find all the aspects of myself that don’t speak out loud. I use my journal to record my life, dreams, hopes and even my disappointments. My journal is self-therapy, self-development and self-acknowledgement.
A journal can be short bursts of ideas, a deep reflection, a list of words, a recollection an event, a day, a week. Your journal can be mindfulness practice. It can be a way to track your progress towards your gaols.
A journal is whatever you want it to be.
What you will learn
When you join us you will discover:
– a journal writing style that is just right for you
– how to move beyond any barriers to writing
– how to sustain & maintain your journal writing
– quick & easy ways to add variety to your journal writing
– different journal types from notebooks, to looseleaf journals to e-journals.
In this workshop you will learn how to journal for personal growth and reflection to create a great tool for your wellbeing that you can use anywhere, anytime.
You’ll spend the day at this beautiful heritage cottage set in a community garden and fresh water wetland. You’ll
* receive a beautiful personalised gift pack which includes a journal to get you started
* be nourished by a delicious morning tea including a plate of seasonal fruits
* be able to help yourself to a range of teas & coffee and nibbles throughout the day
* receive personal support in journal writing