Art therapy for relaxation, self reflection and creative joy
I offer one-on-one art therapy sessions to work through issues that might be on your mind, to process feelings, help you gain clarity and enable you to connect with your wise creative self. I also run workshops and can custom build sessions for workplaces, organisations or groups of friends and colleagues.
I see clients at a lovely space in the inner west – I have a room in a fresh, spacious, calm wellness centre, close to public transport (and close to great cafes and parks if you need some time afterward a session to journal or sit and think). I have appointments available during working hours, but also have sessions available evenings and weekends on request.
Sessions cost $90 and can be in person or by Skype (a modest materials list will be provided before we have our first session if we are meeting by Skype).
If you would like to work together over a number of sessions, and prefer to pay in advance you can purchase a set of 4 sessions and receive a discount.The price is $320 AUD for 4 x 1 hour sessions plus 15 minute initial set up discussion to discuss expectations, logistics and other set up steps.
Please note: this is not a crisis service
- If you are based in Australia and are wanting support around homelessness, call Link 2 Home 1800 152 152
- If you are are experiencing domestic violence, call the Domestic Violence Line 1800 65 64 63
- If you are wanting to learn more about depression contact Beyond Blue
- For crisis support call Lifeline -Anyone across Australia experiencing a personal crisis or thinking about suicide can contact Lifeline on 13 11 14 – a confidential telephone crisis support service available 24/7 from a landline, payphone or mobile.
- If you are contemplating suicide or have been bereaved by suicide and want support contact the suicide callback service
I have used art therapy with clients at Women’s Health Centres, in groups and with individuals at the mood disorder unit of a private psychiatric hospital, with managers in workplaces and with young people experiencing homelessness. I have run in-house sessions within workplaces, at conferences and in wellbeing centres, and see clients one on one my private … Continue reading Experience
Art therapy is a form of expressive therapy that uses the creative process of making art to improve a person’s physical, mental, and emotional well-being. Arts therapy is based on the belief that the process of engaging creatively in drama, movement or art-making, within a therapeutic relationship, supports changes in the client’s inner world, and … Continue reading What is art therapy?
My approach to art therapy is a transpersonal one – this focuses on helping the client make meaning of their situation, and is respectful of their world view and beliefs. In this style of art therapy we do not seek to ‘diagnose’ but instead provide a safe space for you to explore your own thoughts, … Continue reading My approach