OK so I seem to be sprouting challenges EVERYWHERE at the moment as if Southern Hemisphere spring energy has caught me and my business garden is sprouting new shoots.
Today is an invitation to join my FREE ‘7Days of Flower Love’ challenge.
What is the challenge?
- Find a flower each day that you feel like taking a photo of
- Take the photo (phone cameras are fine)
- Share on the internet (our group or elsewhere) that same day, using the hashtag
I like to do these at the turn of the season as a great way to bring focus outwards to nature, and also to gently foster a sense of beauty and appreciation.
The last one was gorgeous!
So if you’d like to join we start on the 1st September (wherever you are in the world, just start on your 1st September) and we take and share one flower photo A DAY for a week. That’s it. Simple!
Where do you share?
- Share all over the inter webs using #7DOFL as the hashtag
- (Optional) share in the dedicated face book group I’ve made for this challenge called ‘7 Days of Flower Love’ (just click the link or type this in your FB search)
- If you do share in the group feel free to ALSO share on your own page. Your friends won’t see what you post in the group, only group members will.
What are the benefits?
And you might be wondering what is the point of all this. Are you? And I would answer: Oh so, so much. Joy. Generosity. Simple creativity. Engaging with nature. Connecting with other people. Learning about flowers. Brightening up your Facebook Feed. Helping you get outside for a walk. Helping you see beauty all around. It’s just generally good. And a week isn’t very long so you can totally do this even if you are busy.
IT STARTS ON THE 1ST SEPTEMBER!
I will send some inspiration each day to the facebook group for those who want prompts for their looking and seeing, and their photographing. You can read those or just go right ahead and start sharing.
How to fudge the rules
Please DO find a flower to photograph each day of the challenge.
But in terms of what flower means…. If you can’t find a LIVE one feel free to take a photo of a bund of dried flowers, a fake flower, a statue, a seed head from a flower, a flower type shape in nature – be imaginative. But the idea is really to find real living breathing flowers and take their pic.
This isn’t a competition or especially for people skilled at photography, anyone can play along.