In August 2015 Jade ran a workshop for a social group of women who wanted to show their care and support for each other in a creative and fun way. The workshop design featured a range of materials and simple relaxation and centring strategies, to help:
- encourage participation regardless of what past experience of art they might have had
- get past restrictions put in place by fear or perfectionism
- experiment with materials and explore shapes, textures and symbols
- experience impermanence through staging the destruction of earlier work to create latter work
- model and encourage acceptance for each participants’ unique personal expression
- model and encourage a light-hearted and curious approach to creativity and art making
- bring people together in a cooperative, collaborative making process
- create a ‘gift’ at the end for the guest of honour and also the host – a lasting creative work to keep as a moment of the day
The group was amazing, the women jumped in feet first and had a great time getting their hands dirty.
Some of the work from the group is below.